Are you new to blogging, and do you want step-by-step guidance on how to publish and grow your blog? Learn more about our new Blogging for Beginners course and get 50% off through December 10th.
WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
Well, guys, Thanksgiving is officially over! Do you know what that means? It means I can finally talk about Christmas without being judged! Lol!
I’ve been slowly looking into the things I want to get for Emi. It’s been quite a project to find things because there’s so many ways you can go with gifts for 18 month old girls. Do you go educational? Fun? Get some things with music? Maybe clothes? The options are endless! So I’ve turned to my favorite online chopping destination, Amazon, to help me… I mean SANTA… find some goodies! There’s a few items that really stood out which I wanted to share with you.
1. Little Dove Princess Indian Teepee Tent: You guys I’m so obsessed. This is one gift my husband and I both agree one. We have a super small apartment so this would give Emi her own little area to play beside the middle of our living room floor!
2. adidas Baby Girls Fun Fleece Full Zip Jogger Set: Such a cure twist on a baby’s sweat suit. This is a perfect outfit for a run to the grocery store or even for a day at daycare.
3. UGG Kids T Pala Pull-on Boot: I gotta admit, I am not at all a fan of adult Uggs. don’t bite my head off!!! But I absolutely love them for babies and children. This pair has the sweetest little bow accent on the side that even a non-girlie-girl like myself can get behind.
4. Fisher-Price Go Baby Go Poppity-Pop Musical Dino: I’m going to be honest with y’all. This toy seems so perfect for before a nap or bedtime. The balls pop out and the kids chase them. Definitely great for burning that last little bit of energy. Emi will really get a kick out of balls rolling everywhere!
5. VTech Touch and Learn Activity Desk Deluxe: Now that my daughter is starting to talk, I’m so glad that there’s learning toys to help her along the way. This activity desk is for children ages 2-5 years so she’ll get use out of this for years to come. This item comes in some other colors as well.
6. World of Eric Carle, My First Library Board Book Block Set: I mean, this is an easy one! A set of books to teach children animals, colors, the list goes on! They’re board books as well which is perfect for Emi since she tends to accidentally rip paper books.
7. inSowni Boutique Stretch Bow Ear Turban Headbands Set: I love Emi with a bow! It just elevates a little girls look so effortlessly. This brand sells so many cute bows! Have a look!
What ideas do you guys have for toddler girls? Share them below!
This is my first blog post and I’m so excited! I used to have a blog before I got married and had my daughter, and then life got too busy. But I’m back in action now and I’m so hype to share my new take on life!
It felt only fitting to make my 1st blog post about how I stay productive during the week working full-time and taking care of an 18 month old. Efficiency has really been a focus of mine recently. I’m nowhere near as productive as I could be, but I’m way better off so I thought I would share my tips and tricks along with my favorite amazon products that help me get ish done throughout the work week!
(SN: This is not in any way to say that stay at home moms don’t work just as hard!!! Motherhood is work no matter which way you slice it. I just want to give my take on some tricks for someone who works outside of the home.)
Never snooze! I set my alarm for 6am every morning (I have to be to work at 8) and when my alarm goes off I get straight up! No checking social media in bed, no thinking about the day. Just get up! Snoozing seems like a great idea at the time… until you oversleep! I just use the iPhone clock app to set my alarm. Nothing fancy. But there’s some really cool apps for apple watch which wake you up slowly. They weren’t for me, but I’ve heard good things from other people.
Gotta have my coffee! This is the first thing I do when I wake up which puts me on the path of productivity. I know that some of you are going to say it’s better to have water first thing in the morning, and your 100% right. I’m just being real about what I do. You don’t have to have coffee necessarily, just something that gives you a boost and puts you in the mainframe to slay the day. We have this Keurig which we love, but it finally broke recently after years of use. RIP! We will probably switch over to a nicer Keurig because I really want one with a milk frother!
Find a bit of inspiration. This is my favorite part of the morning, y’all. I’m obsessed with YouTube! Every morning I watch one or two motivating videos while I get ready. I usually look for something which talks about how to get the most out of your time, money or business. Sometimes I’ll watch a cleaning video depending on what mood I’m in. Don’t judge me! Lol
Pick and choose where you spend your time. We can’t do everything, unfortunately. I’m always running around in the AM so I don’t like to spend a lot of time on my makeup. I do a light, super fast 10 minute face. This gives me a few extra minutes to doctor up my coffee and enjoy a few sips before running out the door. I put on just enough to make me look like I’ve put in effort and to be presentable for any meetings we have. I’ll put the products I use daily below:
Don’t shy away from a little distraction for the little one. My daughter loves her after daycare snack and so do I because it occupies her so that I can make dinner. She sits at her little Peppa Pig table and has her snack while she enjoys a show. (These day’s she’s obsessed with Baby Shark!) I stick to giving her something that she can feed herself.
30 minute meals are your friend. I try not to cook anything that takes longer than that (unless it’s a crock pot meal.) Again, this is just about saving as much time as possible. I love to pop some seasoning onto chicken and slip them in the oven. I also love doing poached chicken to make burrito bowls with rice and salsa. Your family can add whatever they like! My husband loves adding some beans and sour cream to his. I love lettuce and corn.
While you’re at it, pack your lunch. This is obviously more of a tip for making the workday easier, but figured I would throw it in there! I must confess, however, we are in desperate need of some new containers. I was thinking of getting these. Let me know if any recommendations you have!
Do your outfitting in the PM. If you’re anything like me, in the morning you find yourself staring at your closet going, “Huh?” Picking out your clothing the night before takes the pain out of already dramatic mornings. Usually it’s just me who needs to do this because my husband wears a uniform and Emi’s outfits I pair together for the whole week every Sunday. I have a few go-to coats and shoes which go with everything, so I can usually just leave those out to grab quickly in the AM.
Alright, guys! That’s it for my tips! Definitely leave a comment with any other tips you have!